You know one thing I love? Fruit. You know what makes it even better? Blending loads of different fruits together for an ultimate mash-up without the loathsome effort of actually having to chew a fruit salad.
Today I was in the mood for something a bit more tropical. Typically, blasts of berries are my favourite, the sweet strawberries juice and sharper raspberries make my ideal smoothie, but I figured why not give something else a go, and the drink I made today was 100% worth the change. The bite of the mango just came through, but wasn’t too overpowering.
Naturally, any of these proportions can be changed to suit your taste buds, but I would highly recommend the version that I made. Some quantities might need to be varied based on the size of the fruit. Anyway, here is my Tropical Summer Smoothie recipe:
Tropical Summer Smoothie
Ingredients200 ml fresh orange juice,
1 large banana,
1 slice melon of choice,
1 tbsp chia seeds
- Slice up banana into small chunks.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the mango around the stone and remove peel. Cut about a third into smaller pieces.
- Slice ends off of kiwi and remove skin. Slice into smaller chunks.
- Going from the pointier end of the melon, cut out a slice. Remove the skin and chop into smaller pieces.
- Add all of the fruit to the blender with the orange juice and chia seeds, blending continuously until it reaches your preferred consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
If you tried this recipe, I’d love to hear your opinions down in the comments, or, better yet, take a photo and tag me on Instagram: @emmabird09